With Halloween right around the corner we’ve been busy hiding from the half term rain researching our Halloween favourite from the great selection that Netflix has to offer. First up the kiddywinks have put together their top five
5) Alvin & the Chipmunks meet the Wolfman. This feature length movie sees Avlin, Simon and Theodore stage a production of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde when things gets scarily spooky.
4) Monsters University. Not exactly scary, but Joseph particularly really enjoys this Monsters Inc prequel.
3) The Adams Family. This is one of Imogen’s favourite movies of all time and likes to think of herself as Wednesday to Joseph’s Pugsley!
2) Goosebumps. Imogen started reading the Goosebumps books during the Summer holidays and it’s since become a slight addiction. She was thrilled when she found the Goosebumps TV series on Netflix and is half way through series 2.
1) Wallace & Gromit the Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Wallace and his loyal dog, Gromit, set out to discover the mystery behind the garden sabotage that plagues their village and threatens the annual giant vegetable growing contest.
Once the kiddywinks are tucked safely in their beds Tony and I love cosying down to a good horror film. We’ve recently started watching American Horror Story, way behind the rest of the population and were still on the first series but we’re really enjoying it so far. We’re still on the hunt for what to watch on Halloween itself but here’s just some of the scariest we’ve seen so far.
- Babadook. In this film Sam’s mother struggles to control his tantrums, he is plagued by visions of a monster be believes is coming to get them. Then a creepy children’s book appears in his room. This is not one to watch alone!
- Insidious. A couple move themselves and their children hoping to leave their haunted house behind. Little do they know that is wasn’t the house but their son that was possessed.
- The Omen. An oldie but a goodie. Still one of the scariest films I’ve ever seen.
- Creep. When cash-strapped photographer responds to a wanted ad and takes a one day job in a remote mountain town he soon finds out that the client has some unsettling ideas in mind.