In the second of our series of Poundland Summer posts the kiddywinks and decided to turn our hand to a spot of arts and crafts and made our very own puppet theatre complete with puppets and the whole thing cost less than a fiver!
To make your own you will need:
- A cardboard box – free, if you don’t have one at home most supermarkets will gladly pass theirs on
- Poundland Plastic Table Covers – £0.25 (£1 for 4)
- Poundland Wooden Lolly Sticks – £1 for 80
- Poundland Rubber Stampers – £1 for 5 (we bought 2 sets, dinosaurs and mini beasts)
- Poundland Googly Eyes – £1 for 300
- A glue stick – £0.25 (4 for £1)
- A selection of paint
- Little bits of ribbons and any embellishments you have lying around to decorate
Then cut out your plastic table cloth to size and attach to the front of the theatre as curtains. They can be decorated, left plain or can you use a small bit of ribbon as a tie back like we did.
You can then add a sign on the top of your theatre using the left over cardboard should you wish or leave it without, it’s entirely up to you.
Once your theatre is complete you can move on to making your puppets. To make these all you need to do is use your stampers and paint to make a selection of puppets. Once dry you can cut them out, add wiggly eyes and a lollypop stick to hold on to.
All that’s left then is to put on your very own puppet show!